Just Keep Swimming – Men’s Health Week
Just Keep Swimming
Men’s Health Week 2022
Good health is essential for a good life. Men’s Health Week is an annual campaign aiming to increase awareness of preventable health problems in men of all ages. During this time each year men are encouraged to be pro-active with their health and wellbeing and are reminded to strive for healthier lifestyle choices. Buccaneer Pools supports and aims to promote and raise awareness for Men’s Health Week, which focuses on not just physical health, but also men’s mental health and emotional wellbeing.
Speaking of physical health, how can Buccaneer Pools help you achieve a full-body workout?
Swimming can be a beneficial physical and mental activity that develops the shoulders, arms, glutes, abs and mind. Swimming also limits your oxygen intake and therefore ups your heart rate, which will improve your cardiovascular system. In short, you’ve got a tough fat-burner workout that develops all of your most important muscles as an added bonus. Nobody ever got ripped from a jog!
Swimming is a good all-round physical activity because it:
- keeps your heart rate up while drastically reducing the stress on your joints and muscles
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- helps you maintain a healthy weight, heart and lungs
- tones muscles and builds strength
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
Swimming also has many other benefits including:
- being a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise
- alleviating stress
- improving coordination, balance and posture
- improving flexibility
- providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions